Spaghetti With Cheese And Pepper Recipe
Recipe by Kiano Moju
for 4 servings
salt, to taste
½ lb spaghetti
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
4 oz grated parmesan cheese, or pecorino romano cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta for 1 minute less than the package instructs, until al dente. Save 1 cup (240 ml) pasta water, then drain.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, butter, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Stir in the reserved pasta water.
- Toss in the cooked pasta. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the Parmesan and toss until the cheese is melted and the pasta is well-coated.
- Season with salt, if desired.