Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
Recipe by Emma Christensen
for 6 servings
1 pound fettuccine
8 tablespoons (4 oz/1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups (6 oz) shredded Parmesan cheese
- While the pasta is cooking, get your sauce situation in order.
- Cut the butter into several big pieces and combine it with the cream in a small saucepan.
- Warm it over medium heat just until the butter has melted and the cream is hot to the touch, 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle about half of the Parmesan cheese in the bottom of your serving dish.
- Pour the pasta, just drained and still warm, into the serving dish with the cheese.
- Pour the warm cream-and-butter mixture over the top and begin tossing the pasta with tongs.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and continue tossing until all the cheese is melted and the pasta is uniformly coated with sauce.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.