Pozza's Original Pasta Sauce (Our Secret Sauce)
Over the years, many have contacted us looking for the secret recipe for Pozza's famous bolognese sauce. If you haven't tried it yet, you should, and then you'll find out why it became so popular. This is a fan fave to smother in your favorite fresh handmade pasta.
Who knows, maybe one day we'll offer it made for you, but for now, here's the secret sauce...enjoy! Trust us, it's worth the effort.
Total Time: 6 hours | Cook Time: 5 hours | Prep Time: 15 minutes
2 lbs lean ground beef
3 6-oz. cans tomato paste
3 sticks of celery
1 medium yellow onion
3 garlic buds
1 stick butter
3 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
- Chop fine or blend in blender (our preference) celery, onion and garlic buds
- Saute blend in butter for 15 minutes
- Add in meat to saute and brown
- Add in tomato paste and water
- Simmer uncovered on low heat for 4 to 5 hours (or more), giving the flavors enough time to assimilate.
- Optional: Instead of simmering on stove top, bake uncovered at 225 for 4 hours.
- Let cool to taste, pour over your favorite Pozza's pasta and enjoy every last drop. Yes, this is an essential step.
Just For Fun: An old photo of the old original recipe printed on a Pozza's box.